Best Western Colonel Butler Inn
278 Mary Street, Niagara On The Lake, ON L0S 1J0
Phone: +1 905-468-3251 | Fax: 905/468-5844 | 26 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to our quaint Best Western hotel in Niagara on the Lake, Ontario!
Enjoy a convenient location to indulge in the town’s numerous activities and take in the beauty of the region. Close by are wineries, outstanding restaurants, bike trails, golf courses, and the renowned Shaw Festival Theatre. Also, a short drive away you can enjoy the splendor of the famous Niagara Falls. Our friendly, welcoming staff are happy to provide recommendations on local dining and attractions.
After a day of wine tasting or bike riding, spend the evening exploring the local shops. Choose from the nearby Niagara on the Lake Historic District with its variety of unique shops or the new outlet collection just a short drive away. Antique stores and art galleries are also popular and are a great place to pick up a souvenir. The Fort George historic site and the Butterfly Conservatory provides fantastic, family-friendly entertainment and are the perfect way to complete a day of adventure.
Our reputation for excellent service is what keeps guests returning. Price, location, and our complimentary amenities like Wi-Fi, parking and our popular breakfast make this Niagara on the Lake hotel your home away from home. The Colonel Butler Inn is designated as bicycle-friendly providing secure storage and repair tools, plus trails and a bicycle shop are very close to the hotel.
Employees in town with Parks Canada, the Niagara Parks Commission, Hydro 1 and Shoppers Drug Mart are treated to well-appointed rooms with quality amenities. Groups are welcome and complimentary bus parking is available. Our meeting room can accommodate a variety of set-ups and catering options to suit your needs.
Book your stay at Best Western Colonel Butler Inn for a visit filled with comfort, exploration and relaxation!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary continental breakfast, choice of bread, bagels, cereal, fruit, muffins, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, juice, coffee and waffles
- Massage services, in-room massages offered depending upon availability
- Complimentary breakfast
- Exercise facility open from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Universal gym
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Locker room
- 24-hour front desk
- Baggage hold
- Babysitting on request, approximately $20.00 fee per hour
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax services, outgoing faxes: $1.00 fee first page, $0.15 fee each additional page
- Audio/visual equipment
- Conference services
- Mail services
- Wedding services
- Meeting facilities,
- Audio/visual services
- Banquet facilities
- Conference facilities
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Interior corridor
- Cable or satellite television, cable
- Petsitting service Pet-sitting can be arranged in advance depending upon availability. Dogs can not be left unattended at the hotel when guests leave the hotel.
- Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
Best Western Colonel Butler Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western colonel butler inn in Niagara On The Lake.
Best Western Colonel Butler Inn
Conveniently located, the best western colonel butler inn in Niagara On The Lake, Ontario is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 43.253165 / Latitude: -79.084955
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Toronto area. Take Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) Niagara to Glendale/Highway 55 exit (Exit 38B). Take a right onto Glendale Avenue. Take a left on York Road. Turn right on Airport Road. Turn right on Highway 55/Niagara Stone Road. Turn left on Mary Street to the Best Western Colonel Butler Inn.
From: Windsor/Michigan area. Take Highway 401 East to Highway 403 East towards Hamilton. Then proceed to Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) Niagara and take that to the Glendale/Highway 55 exit (Exit 38B). Take a right onto Glentale Avenue. Take a left on York Road. Turn right on Airport Road. Turn right on Highway 55/Niagara Stone Road. Turn left on Mary Street to the Best Western Colonel Butler Inn.
From: Niagara Falls, Ontario. Take the Niagara Parkway from Niagara Falls, eventually the Niagara Parkway becomes Queen's Parade and then Picton Street. Turn left off of Picton Street onto King Street. Turn right on Mary Street. Take Mary Street to the Best Western Colonel Butler Inn.
From: New York State. Take the I-190 North towards Niagara Falls. The I-190 becomes the Queenston-Lewiston Bridge. Take the Niagara Parkway exit and head north along the Niagara Parkway which eventually becomes Queen's Parade and then Picton Street. Turn left off of Picton Street onto King Street. Turn right on Mary Street. Take Mary Street to the Best Western Colonel Butler Inn.
Best Western Colonel Butler Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
While known for the incredible waterfalls, the Niagara Falls area is home to a wonderful attraction. The Niagara Parks Butterfly Conservatory features more than 2,000 tropical butterflies from forty-five species, including the Blue Morpho, Gulf Fritillary, Monarch, and Banded Orange. This southern Ontario conservatory is located on the grounds of the Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens.
Visitors have enjoyed strolling through the 11,000 square foot climate-controlled greenhouse, on self-guided tours, since its opening in 1996. This impressive greenhouse is the largest glass-enclosed conservatory for butterflies, in America. Take your time walking on the 600 feet of pathways, past the waterfall, while capturing pictures of the free-flying butterflies.
Recreational enthusiasts have a wonderful variety of options to choose from to see the beautiful, wooded area of the southern Ontario Niagara region. A wonderful viewpoint of the area is from the back of a horse, from Niagara Riding Stables. Your horseback experience allows you to travel slowly along the Niagara Escarpment, while taking in all of the beauty of the peaceful surroundings.
Schedule approximately fifty minutes for a guided trail ride and be sure to bring your camera, to capture the Canadian wildlife you spy along the trail. Relax and enjoy the calm ride, as the horse saunters down the path. After a fun day on the horse, make a full day of it while exploring the rest of Niagara On The Lake.
Theater fans in the southern region of Ontario have a wonderful Canadian cultural icon in their midst. The Shaw Festival began its humble beginnings in 1962 due to Brian Doherty's love of George Bernard Shaw theatre productions. Each year, over 250,000 people attend the festival to see an average of ten plays performed in four local Niagara On The Lake theaters.
Festival patrons view the plays in the historic Court House Theatre, where the festival first began, along with the Royal Gorge Theatre, the Studio Theatre, and the Shaw Festival Theatre. All four theaters are walking distances apart. Check out the happenings behind the scenes of the productions, during a group backstage tour or attend of the theatre's hands-on workshops.
Found on a 150-acre plot of land, Southbrook Vineyards proudly produces organic and biodynamic wines. Southbrook Vineyards is located near Niagara On The Lake in southern Ontario. Owners Bill and Marilyn Redelmeier use sustainable viticulture to create their wine. They are Canada's first wine estate to earn biodynamic and organic certifications for the winery and vineyard.
Stop by the LEED Gold certified hospitality pavilion to learn more about their biodynamic processes and their green initiatives.
Host your next group event in the hospitality pavilion for a unique and inviting setting. Browse through the wine shop and visit the tasting room to sample their variety of wines. From dessert wines and fruit wines to artisanal and limited edition wines, the selection is impressive.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1.00 mile(s) from Shaw Theatre, plays of comedy, drama, and love
- 1.00 mile(s) from Queen's Royal Park, situated along the Niagara River, a perfect place for picnics
- 1.00 mile(s) from Jackson-Triggs Winery
- 1.00 mile(s) from Shaw Club Spa, features an enticing and unique array of spa treatments
- 1.00 mile(s) from Niagara-on-the-Lake Golf, play a round of nine-hole at the oldest golf course in Canada
- 1.00 mile(s) from Niagara Historical Museum
- 2.00 mile(s) from Fort George, restored to its condition during the War of 1812 - the fort offers tours with musket firing and ghost tours
- 2.00 mile(s) from Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours, one of the top attractions of Canada - prepare to get wet!
- 2.00 mile(s) from Peller Estates Winery, a beautiful chateau-style winery located along the Niagara River, offers fantastic tours and seminars
- 2.00 mile(s) from Strewn Winery, offers single-day and multi-day specialty cooking classes
- 2.00 mile(s) from Pumphouse Art Gallery, offers various art exhibitions, workshops, and lectures
- 4.00 mile(s) from Hillebrand Winery, one of the 1st wineries of the Niagara Region, offers special tours and seminars
- 8.00 mile(s) from National Helicopters Inc., see the majestic Niagara Falls from this one-of-a-kind view
- 10.00 mile(s) from Butterfly Conservatory, an extraordinary collection of exotic butterflies in a rainforest-like setting
- 10.00 mile(s) from Royal Botanical Gardens, Canada's largest botanical garden located along the Niagara River
- 10.00 mile(s) from Niagara Gorge Hiking Path
- 15.00 mile(s) from Whirlpool Aero Car, be transported through the air across the Niagara River in an antique cable car
- 20.00 mile(s) from the Niagara Falls, depending on the season there are various ways to enjoy the Falls, including the famous Maid of the Mist
- 20.00 mile(s) from Niagara Fallsview Casino
- 1.00 mile(s) from Historical Shopping Dist., variety of delightful and unique shops, art galleries, and antique stores - downtown Niagara-on-the-Lake
- 18.00 mile(s) from Canada Factory Outlets, 40 brand name stores - Niagara Falls, Ontario
- 25.00 mile(s) from Fasion Outlets Niagara, over 150 designer outlets
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 1.00 mile(s) from Golf, multiple golf courses in the area including the oldest course in Canada
- 1.00 mile(s) from Hiking
- 1.00 mile(s) from Tennis
- 1.00 mile(s) from Swimming
- 1.00 mile(s) from Biking, hotel offers on-site bicycles for rent
- 20.00 mile(s) from Fort Erie Horse Racing
- Choose from a wide selection of restaurants near this Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario hotel.
- Adjacent to Butler's Bar & Grill, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Open 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 a.m. daily. Known for having the best pizza and wings in town. Has billiard tables and large-screen TVs.
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from HobNob Restaurant, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, A 4-diamond fine dining restaurant with lounge and wine bar. Mid-April to mid-November: open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Mid-November to mid-April: open for dinner Monday to Thursday, open for lunch and dinner Friday to Sunday.
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from Zees Grill, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 4-diamond bistro. April to October: open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. November to March: open for dinner Monday to Friday, open for lunch and dinner Friday to Sunday.
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Vintages Wine Bar & Lounge, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, A relaxed dining atmosphere serving pub fare with flair! Open daily from 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Ginger Restaurant, full service, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner, Serves Asian food spanning different countries and cuisine, served in a Western style.
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from Churchill Lounge, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, A sophisticated pub with Victorian flare. Open daily from 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- 3.00 kilometer(s) from Peller Estates, full service, French, open for: lunch, dinner, Lunch served daily from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Dinner served daily from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Best Western Colonel Butler Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Niagara On The Lake. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alabama | Alaska | Arizona | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | Delaware | Florida | Georgia | Hawaii | Idaho | Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Kansas | Kentucky | Louisiana | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Michigan | Minnesota | Mississippi | Missouri | Montana | Nebraska | Nevada | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New Mexico | New York | North Carolina | North Dakota | Ohio | Oklahoma | Oregon | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | South Carolina | South Dakota | Tennessee | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | Washington D.C. | West Virginia | Wisconsin | Wyoming