BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay
1800 2nd Avenue E, Owen Sound, ON N4K 5R1
Phone: 519/371-9200 | Fax: 519/371-6740 | 100 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 4:00 PM | Online Reservations
Who says you can't enjoy all of the beauty of Mother Nature and the convenience of local shops and restaurants at the same Owen Sound hotel?
This BEST WESTERN Inn on the Bay hotel gives guests no shortage of pampering along with a fantastic location right on the shore of the Georgian Bay. Owen Sound is located where the Niagara Escarpment meets Georgian Bay so stunning views and fresh air are standard here. We're less than 10 minutes away from three beautiful waterfalls with hiking trails, so outdoor lovers and photographers have struck gold. This is one Bruce Peninsula hotel that never disappoints.
Less than 20 minutes away from Sauble Beach, there are plenty of opportunities to soak up some sun and surf. This is the best choice for Sauble Beach hotels because we are right in the heart of this gorgeous region. We are also adjacent to the Bayshore Arena, where dozens of Owen Sound hockey tournaments take place every year. None of the other Owen Sound hotels can compete.
Explore the view from the Chi Cheeman Ferry which operates out of Tobermory. Practice your golf swing at Cobble Beach, Legacy Ridge, or Stone Tree Golf Courses. Snowmobiling in Grey County is a real treat and this Georgian Bay hotel is the perfect destination for snowmobile accommodations with the hotel located right on the snowmobile trail.
We have a partnership with Georgian College Owen Sound for all training courses. Our Hydro One rates for accommodations in Grey County make this the perfect location for Hydro One employees.
We are the only hotel located right on the shoreline of Georgian Bay so you can enjoy spectacular views from our restaurant patio and conference center meeting space in Owen Sound. We are also the perfect location for all Owen Sound Weddings with a beautiful location, guestroom accommodations for guests and full catering services available.
Book a spacious guestroom or meeting space at BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay and get ready to be amazed!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Restaurant on-site
- Complimentary continental breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, eggs, yogurt, juice, coffee, and hot items
- Hot tub, Whirlpool
- Exercise facility Open from 6:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Elliptical trainer, stationary bike and treadmill.
- Cocktail lounge
- Ice/vending machines
- Bicycle trail
- Outdoor parking
- Free parking
- Meeting facilities
- Banquet facilities
- Fax services, nominal fee
- Stationary bike
- Steam room Dry Sauna
- Foreign currency exchange, American exchange only
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events.
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Equipment rental
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired for internet access
- Conference facilities
- Physically challenged services portable shower bench
- Truck/RV parking
- Interior corridor
- Itinerary planning assistance
- Complimentary newspaper in lobby
- Walking trail
- Local and city maps available
- Electric vehicle charging station
BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western inn on the bay in Owen Sound.
BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay
Conveniently located, the best western inn on the bay in Owen Sound, Ontario is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 44.578665 / Latitude: -80.936455
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The South. Traveling North on Highway 6 and 10, turn left at 10th Street (East). Then turn right at 2nd Avenue East. The BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay is located at 1800 2nd Avenue East on the lefthand side.
From: The East. Traveling West on Highway 26, turn left at 9th Avenue East, turn right at 10th Street East, turn right at 2nd Avenue East. The BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay is located at 1800 2nd Avenue East on the lefthand side.
From: The West. Traveling East on Highway 21, turn left at 2nd Avenue East. The BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay is located at 1800 2nd Avenue East on the lefthand side.
From: The North. Traveling South on Highway 6, turn left at 2nd Avenue East. The BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay is located at 1800 2nd Avenue East on the lefthand side.
BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Make time for reflection during your Southern Ontario visit. Visit the Owen Sound Marine & Rail Museum, located on the shore of the Georgian Bay, in the heart of Owen Sound. Schedule plenty of time to tour this wonderful museum, along with the adjacent visitor information center. Both facilities are located in the historic Canadian National Railway Station. Stroll through the museum to view the variety of exhibits, including A Blast From the Past, a permanent exhibit.
Learn about Owen Sound's marine history by viewing the Ferry Tales exhibit and be sure to explore Caboose 78581, built in 1810, located outside. Since the museum exhibits are rotated throughout the year, visit often to see them all. The museum also offers educational programs and hosts a variety of events. Make the most of your time in Owen Sound, by checking into the local Best Western hotel, for an enjoyable night's rest.
As you make plans to visit southern Ontario and the Niagara Falls region, enjoy some fun under the sun at Suable Beach. A popular summer destination, Sauble Beach is minutes from Owen Sound and is found off of Southampton Parkway and Main Street.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.10 kilometer(s) from Harry Lumley Bayshore Area
- 0.10 kilometer(s) from Georgian Bay, We are located along the shores of Georgian Bay.
- 0.50 kilometer(s) from Owen Sound Harbour, Minutes from the harbour.
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Tom Thomson Art Gallery, Local art gallery featuring The Group of Seven.
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Billy Bishop Museum
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Marine & Rail Museums
- 1.50 kilometer(s) from Kelso Beach
- 1.50 kilometer(s) from Roxy Theatre, Live theatre
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from Hibou Conservation Area, Beachfront park, swimming, picnic area and children's play park.
- 3.00 kilometer(s) from Grey Roots Museum, Six ever changing exhibit galleries.
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Inglis Falls, One of the most beautiful waterfalls in Ontario.
- 5.00 kilometer(s) from Storybook Park, Storybook themed park, petting zoo, waterpark, rides and mini golf.
- 30.00 kilometer(s) from Sauble Beach
- 37.50 kilometer(s) from Bruce County Museum, Museum & Cultural Centre
- 56.00 kilometer(s) from Blue Mountain
- 59.60 kilometer(s) from Port Elgin Beach
- 109 kilometer(s) from Tobermory
- 109 kilometer(s) from ChiCheemaun Ferry
- 0.50 kilometer(s) from Downtown Owen Sound, Enjoy a great variety of shops of all kinds, clothing, shoes, crafts, furniture and sports equipment.
- 0.50 kilometer(s) from Heritage Place Mall, Shopping mall with 75 stores.
- 0.50 kilometer(s) from East Hill Shopping Area, Canadian Tire, Walmart, Home Depot, Reitmans, Mark's, plus a variety of other large free-standing stores.
- 0.70 kilometer(s) from Sunset Strip, Variety of stores, home improvement , flooring, hardware, farm supplies, gift, car dealerships
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 80.00 kilometer(s) from Collingwood, Ontario
- 100 kilometer(s) from Orangeville, Ontario
- 100 kilometer(s) from Barrie, Ontairo
- 120 kilometer(s) from Guelph, Ontario
- 120 kilometer(s) from Kitchener, Ontairo
- 120 kilometer(s) from Waterloo, Ontario
- 120 kilometer(s) from Brampton, Ontario
- 160 kilometer(s) from Toronto, Ontario
- 180 kilometer(s) from London, ontario
- 200 kilometer(s) from Oshawa, Ontario
- 1.50 kilometer(s) from Chubb Edwards
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from Grey Bruce Health Service, Regional health centre (hospital).
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from Goodyear/Veyance Technolo
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from Industrial Park
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from Tenneco/Monroe
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from Hobarts Food Equipment
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from RBW/Transcontinental, Transcontinental Printing/RBW Graphics printing plant.
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from Bell Wyck Packaging
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from Transcom International
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Ledgerock Ltd, Retail factory outlet for natural stone products.
- 15.00 kilometer(s) from Shouldice Design Center, Outlet for natural stone products.
- 30.00 kilometer(s) from Meaford Tank Range
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from Georgian College
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Bicycle trail
- 0.10 kilometer(s) from Snowmobiling, Located on snowmobile trail B at intersection 144.
- 0.50 kilometer(s) from Bruce Trail, Hiking trail along Niagara Escarpment.
- 3.00 kilometer(s) from Stone Tree Golf and Fitness, Beautiful 18-hole golf course and fitness centre.
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Cobble Beach Links, Was voted number 1 new golf course in Canada.
- Choose from a wide selection of restaurants near this Owen Sound, Ontario hotel.
- Bishop's Landing, on premises, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Enjoy the beautiful view of Georgian Bay while enjoying a great meal from Bishop's Landing or just relax in front or the fireplace in our lounge. Our full service restaurant with casual fine dining, is open from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Monday-Saturday and 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Sunday.
- Bishop's Landing Lounge, on premises, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Come in relax and enjoy the fireplace while having a drink or a great meal. The lounge is open 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m Monday to Saturday and 11:00 a.m to 9:00 p.m. Sunday.
- Seasonal Patio Cafe, on premises, cafe, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, The view from our patio is second to none!
BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Owen Sound. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2015 Home & Garden Show
For three days, visitors of the Scotiabank Centre in Niagara will be treated to some of the best gardening, decor, and home improvement demonstrations with plenty of entertainment on the docket as well.
2015 Niagara Falls Sports & Hobby Expo
Visiting sports fans won't want to miss this fan-friendly event – featuring appearences by several former NHL players, collectibles, interactive games, and more at the Scotiabank Convention Centre. The event begins at 10 a.m.
Downtown Niagara becomes a hub for local food, beverages, and family-friendly entertainment – all celebrating the arrival of spring. Event start times vary by day.
2015 Niagara Food & Wine Expo
Enjoy handcrafted wines, beers, and spirits from around the world, as well as delcious samples from the premier restaurants in town at the Scotiabank Convention Centre. Event start times vary by day.
2015 Niagara Falls ComicCon
Be there as the Scotiabank Convention Centre fills with all things sci-fi, fantasy, and comic books – complete with celebrity appearences and meet-and-greets. Event start times vary by day.
11th Annual Niagara Falls RibFest
This annual events features the essentials – great food, better fun, and excellent entertainment. RibFest will be held at Niagara Square Shopping Mall. Event schedules are TBA.
Alabama | Alaska | Arizona | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | Delaware | Florida | Georgia | Hawaii | Idaho | Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Kansas | Kentucky | Louisiana | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Michigan | Minnesota | Mississippi | Missouri | Montana | Nebraska | Nevada | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New Mexico | New York | North Carolina | North Dakota | Ohio | Oklahoma | Oregon | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | South Carolina | South Dakota | Tennessee | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | Washington D.C. | West Virginia | Wisconsin | Wyoming