Best Western Plus Ottawa City Centre
1274 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, ON K1Z 7K8
Phone: +1 613-728-1951 | Fax: 613/728-1955 | 121 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Free wired and wireless high-speed Internet, TORLYS EverWood flooring in all rooms and suites. Full kitchen studio and suites, Cafe 1274, free parking, mini refrigerator and microwave in all rooms, studio and suites to suit corporate travelers, families and long term guests.
We are centrally located between downtown Ottawa, Ottawa Airport and Bells Corners/Kanata.
Surround yourself with the excitement of the city at this Ottawa hotel where convenience and luxury comes face to face with affordability.
This Ottawa Hospital hotel is happy to welcome guests in town for the nearby clinics, specialists and care. Hospital patients and corporate travelers alike delight in the fantastic location of this Ottawa hotel. Sports groups, wedding groups and groups for capital tours are all regular guests.
An Ottawa corporate travel hotel doesn't have to be expensive. We're very close to downtown and the expressway is only one block away. Whether you're in town for the Tulip Festival or Winterlude, having a fabulous location is essential. You can easily spend days checking out the fantastic local attractions near this Ottawa hotel.
Visit the Parliament Building for the changing of the guard. Museums and art galleries abound. This Dows Lake hotel is in the perfect place to allow for walking tours, strolling through shops and exploring local cuisine. Enjoy the Ottawa River Parkway scenic drive or Queen Elizabeth Drive scenic route to really indulge in the natural beauty.
Check out the Museum of Civilization, home of the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mountain Police) Musical Ride and the National Aviation Museum for a real treat. Carleton University, Royal Ottawa Hospital, and the University of Ottawa Heart Institute are also in the neighborhood. Ottawa golf courses, Britannia Golf Club and the Arboretum are a must see.
Book your next stay at Best Western Plus Ottawa City Centre and leave the rest to us!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Restaurant on-site
- Outdoor pool Heated Outdoor pool is open mid-June until mid-September weather permitting. Please call the hotel directly to confirm exact date of pool opening and/or closing.
- Exercise facility, open from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Precor elliptical cross trainer,upright bike and treadmill with personal docking stations and screens, Inflight Fitness Gym with 9 stations. 40-inch television.
- Cocktail lounge, Cafe 1274 offering both restaurant and lounge
- Multilingual staff English, French, Spanish, Chinese and Polish
- Express check out
- 24-hour front desk
- Ice/vending machines, drink and snack machines
- Sightseeing tours
- Meeting facilities, for those important business meetings, our conference floor consists of two boardrooms and three meeting rooms accommodating 5 to 285 guests, meeting rooms range from a low of $145.00 CAD to a high of $420.00 CAD
- Banquet facilities
- Fax services
- Photocopy services
- Secretarial services
- Audio/visual equipment
- Foreign currency exchange U.S. dollars only
- Late check out, subject to availability
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Weight lifting equipment
- Mail services
- Universal gym, 9 stations
- Stair Stepper
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- Guest laundry facility, open from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., nominal fee
- Cable or satellite television 48 Inch Smart TV
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless Internet access; All guest rooms are hardwired for Internet access
- Business Center, open 24 hours with dedicated printer and pc
- Wedding services
- Conference rooms
- Guest printing from notebook to hotel printer
- Physically challenged services raised toilet seats, grab bars, TV amplifier, wheel chair available on request
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking Self parking outdoor parking lot
- Truck/RV parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Cash machine (ATM)
Best Western Plus Ottawa City Centre
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus ottawa city centre in Ottawa.
Best Western Plus Ottawa City Centre
Conveniently located, the best western plus ottawa city centre in Ottawa, Ontario is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 45.385885 / Latitude: -75.733115
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Eastbound on 417. Exit 124 Carling Avenue/Kirkwood, continue on Carling and at third traffic light turn right. The Best Western Plus Ottawa City Centre is located three miles west of Parliament Hill, across from the Westgate shopping mall.
From: Westbound on 417. Exit 123B Calring Avenue/Kirkwood Avenue. Turn left on Kirkwood to Carling Avenue, turn left on Carling. The destination is on your right. 1274 Carling Avenue. The Best Western Plus Ottawa City Centre is located three miles west of Parliament Hill, across from the Westgate shopping mall.
From: Ottawa Int'l. Airport Head southwest on Airport Parkway Private/Airport Pkwy. Continue onto Airport Pkwy/Route 79 N.Keep left to continue on Bronson Ave/Route 79 N. Turn left onto Carling Avenue. Destination is on the left. 1274 Carling Avenue.
From: Canadian Tire Centre Head southwest on Cyclone Taylor Blvd. Turn left onto Huntmar Dr/Route 88. Turn right onto Palladium Dr/Route 88. Turn right to merge onto Trans-Canada Hwy/ON-417 E. Take exit 124 for Carling Avenue toward Kirkwood Avenue.Merge onto Carling Ave/Ottawa Regional Rd 38 (signs for Kirkwood N/Ontario 417 N). Destination is on the right. 1274 Carling Avenue
From: Byward Market Head northwest on Byward Market Square toward York St. Turn right at the 1st cross street onto York St. Turn right onto Dalhousie St. Turn left onto Besserer St. Turn left onto Nicholas St/Ottawa Regional Rd 95. Use the right lane to merge onto Trans-Canada Hwy/ON-417 W via the ramp to Ottawa. Merge onto Trans-Canada Hwy/ON-417 W.Take the Kirkwood Avenue/Carling Avenue exit. Turn left at the first set of lights onto Kirkwood. Turn left at the lights onto Carling Avenue. The destinations on the the right. 1274 Carling Avenue.
Best Western Plus Ottawa City Centre
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
The National Defence Headquarters in Ottawa is the hub of information and activity for the Canada Department of National Defence. The main building is named Major-General George R. Pearkes Building.
An annual pet-friendly event, the Iams Wiggle Waggle Walkathon is held each September by the Ottawa Humane Society. Set in the city of Ottawa in central Ontario, the walkathon features two kilometer and and five kilometer walks, as well as contests, pet photos and a barbeque lunch.
Check out the Fido's Finds Yard Sale, the Pet Pavilion Marketplace, and the K9 Fun Zone. Take advantage of the onsite dog wash, and rest up alongside your pet at a Best Western hotel in Ottawa.
While visiting the Canadian Capital region of Ottawa during the summer, be sure to make your way to Parliament Hill. Bring your camera to capture the sights and sounds of Mosaika. This incredible, and free, thirty-minute light and music show is shown against Parliament Hill building each night from July through September. Bring a lawn chair or a blanket for a comfortable spot on the lawn and get ready to watch and listen to this magnificent Canadian story.
The technology used to create the show, include nine high-definition video projectors projecting animated images onto the entire building, more than two hundred light fixtures and a 5.1 surround sound system. While in central Ontario, be sure to catch this must-see attraction.
A national Historic Site of Canada, the National Arts Centre is located between Elgin Street and the Rideau Canal in Ottawa, Ontario. Designed by Fred Lebensold, the building has four stages: The Theatre, Studio, The Fourth Stage and Southam Hall.
Southern Hall, the largest stage with over 2,300 seats, is the home of the National Arts Centre Orchestra, one of the world's leading orchestras, as well as the Ottawa Symphony Orchestra and Opera Lyra Ottawa. The venue also hosts ballet and other visiting productions, making it a must-see attraction for Ottawa visitors seeking fine arts and culture.
One of Canada's foremost visual art museums, the National Gallery of Canada is located in Ottawa, Ontario, near Parliament Hill. Under the direction of Marc Mayer and curator Paul Lang, the gallery boasts a diverse display of paintings, drawings, sculpture and photographs.
Visitors to the museum will find works by some of the world's most famous artists, including Francis Bacon, Vincent Van Gogh, Pablo Picasso and Andy Warhol. Selected as one of the top 500 buildings produced in Canada by the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada, the gallery is truly a must-see for Ottawa visitors seeking arts and culture.
Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
Set in Riverside South, Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport is located in central Ontario just south of downtown Ottawa. A focus city for Air Canada Express and Air Canada – and the home base for First Air – Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier is the sixth busiest airport in Canada.
Established in 1927, Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier supports major airlines like Air Canada, First Air, Delta, and WestJet. When flying into Ottawa, you will most likely land at the Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier Airport. Get out and explore the vibrant city of Ottawa – see Parliament Hill, the National Arts Centre, or the Rideau Canal.
South Central Ontario travelers who schedule a visit to the Capital City of Ottawa, have the opportunity to see a wonderful variety of museums, attractions and historical sites. One must-see historical site is Parliament Hill, located in downtown Ottawa along the Ottawa River. This area of Crown Land was originally home to a military base named Barrack Hill, during the 18th and 19th centuries.
By 1859, construction began on the Gothic Revival style parliament buildings, with Prince Albert Edward, Prince of Wales laying the cornerstone for the Centre Block, in September 1860. After construction halted for a few years, the Parliament was finally completed in 1876. After the Centre Block was destroyed by a fire, in 1916, Governor General Prince Arthur, Duke of Connaught re-laid the cornerstone to start its rebuilding. It took eleven years to complete the construction of the new tower. Numerous significant events have occurred at The Hill, including the 1939 visit by King George VI, the reigning Canadian sovereign, accompanied by Queen Elizabeth.
Tour this 952,391 square feet of land to see the quadrangle of buildings, all National Historic Sites of Canada, the numerous statues, the memorials and the Summer Gazebo of Carpenter Gothic style. The statue of Queen Victoria, the country's first monarch, was dedicated in 1901 by her grandson Prince George, Duke of Cornwall and York. Monuments include the Victoria Tower Bell and the Centennial Flame. During the summer, visit The Hill for Mosaika, the spectacular thirty-minute free light and music show. While in the area, be sure to include a visit to the Rideau Canal, located to the east of The Hill. Enjoy your time in Central Ontario as a guest of Best Western hotels, where comfortable accommodations await.
The Rideau Canal was built on the Ottawa River bordering Ontario and Quebec, in 1832. This Ottawa UNESCO World Heritage Site, is the "oldest continuously operated canal system in North America". It was recognized for its use of European slackwater technology. The 126 mile-long Canal includes portions of the Cataraqui and Rideau Rivers, as well as the Upper, Lower and Big Rideau lakes. A majority of the forty-five locks along the canal are hand operated. The Canal was initially built in preparation of a war with the United States, after a report indicated the US's intent to invade Upper Canada via the St. Lawrence River.
It became a popular commercial artery between Kingston and Montreal. Today, many Central Ontario residents and visitors enjoy the scenic boat tours of the canal aboard the Kawarth Voyageur, from Ottawa, Merrickville, Chaffeys Lock and Kingston. If visiting during the winter months, be sure to strap on a pair of ice skates to skate along 4.8 miles of the Canal, the "world's largest skating rink". While in Ottawa, check into one of the Best Western hotels to enjoy comfortable lodging and excellent guest services.
See Ottawa during Winterlude
Drawing crowds of up to 1.6 million annually, Winterlude celebrates winter in venues across Ottawa, Ontario and Gatineau, Quebec, at the meeting of the central Ontario and Quebec regions. Primary locations of the festival are Rideau Canal Skateway, Confederation Park, and Dow's Lake in Ottawa, and Jacques-Cartier Park and Gatineau Park in Gatineau.
The celebration stretches over three weekends each year and provides visitors with an abundance of activities and attractions and shows. Rideau Canal Skateway, the world's largest skating rink, is a draw all season and serves as the focal point for the entire festival.
Attendees take part in skating shows, DJ dance parties and interactive displays, while ice sculptures line the parks and surrounding Ottawa and Gatineau streets.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1.60 kilometer(s) from Central Experimental Farm, agricultural museum, animal barns, horses, cows, sheep, goats, fowl, arboretum and flower gardens.
- 3.20 kilometer(s) from Canadian War Museum, presenting Canada's military past and how it shaped the country which is situated on the banks of the Ottawa River.
- 4.80 kilometer(s) from Canadian Museum of Nature, presenting Canada's natural history in a castle like setting.
- 4.80 kilometer(s) from Parliament Hill, Canadian Parliamentary precint includes tours of the Parliament buildings and the Peace tower; also view the Centennial Flame.
- 4.80 kilometer(s) from Changing of The Guard, ceremonial guard offers pomp and pageantry on Parliament Hill at 10:00 a.m. and at Rideau Hall
- 4.80 kilometer(s) from Major's Hill Park, Ottawa’s main event parks, hosting major events like the Canada Day celebrations and the Canadian Tulip Festival in May; offers some of the best lookouts in Ottawa and has many historical interpretative panels.
- 4.80 kilometer(s) from Centerpointe Theatre, professional and amateur performing arts.
- 4.80 kilometer(s) from Byward Market, One of Canada's oldest and largest public markets; you'll find museums, cafés, specialty food shops, boutiques, galleries, restaurants, pubs, hair and aesthetics salons and more!
- 4.80 kilometer(s) from Rideau Canal, UNESCO World Heritage Site; the Canal connects 202 kilometers of waterways in the summer; home to the Bytown Museum; skate on the world's largest skting rink during Winterlude.
- 6.40 kilometer(s) from Ottawa Convention Centre, home to national and international conventions and events
- 6.40 kilometer(s) from Notre Dame Cathedral Basilica, is an ecclesiastic basilica and designated a National Historic Site of Canada; guided tours available.
- 6.40 kilometer(s) from National Arts Centre, home of the Ottawa Symphony and National Arts Center Orchestras; professional theater productions.
- 6.50 kilometer(s) from National Gallery, a visual arts museum of international stature in Ottawa.
- 6.50 kilometer(s) from Royal Canadian Mint, production of collector coins and distinctive souvenirs; guided tours available.
- 7.00 kilometer(s) from Rideau Hall, historic home of Canada's Governor General; tours available and grounds open to the public
- 7.00 kilometer(s) from Library and Archives, preserves and makes accessible online resources, services and the collection of documentary heritage of Canada.
- 8.00 kilometer(s) from Museum of Civilization, featuring the children's museum and IMAX-OMNIMAX film theater.
- 12.80 kilometer(s) from Canda Science and Technology Museum, Canada's largest science and technology museum is a great hands-on experience for visitors of all ages.
- 14.00 kilometer(s) from Royal Canadian Mounted Police, home of the RCMP musical ride; tours of the stables; take in the Canadian sunset ceremonies.
- 15.00 kilometer(s) from Aviation and Space Museum, the most extensive aviation collection in Canada; helicopter and biplane rides available.
- 20.00 kilometer(s) from Scotiabank Place, concerts and events; home to the Ottawa Senators.
- 49.00 kilometer(s) from Calypso Waterpark, Canada's biggest theme waterpark; 35 waterslides; Canada's largest wave park; 100 water games; highest free standing waterslide tower; and jungle run.
- 94.00 kilometer(s) from Prescott International Bridge, Prescott, Ontario to Ogdensburg, New York
- 100 kilometer(s) from Seaway International Bridge, Cornwall, Ontario to Rooseveltown, New York
- 160 kilometer(s) from Thousand Island Bridge, Gananoque, Ontario- to Alexandria Bay, New York
- 0 kilometer(s) from Westgate Shopping Mall
- 4.80 kilometer(s) from Carlingwood Shopping Mall
- 5.00 kilometer(s) from Lincoln Heights Galleria
- 7.20 kilometer(s) from Rideau Centre, Largest Mall in Ottawa
- 8.00 kilometer(s) from Bayshore Shopping Centre
- 9.2 kilometer(s) from Ottawa Train Yards, Outdoor shopping area
- 10 kilometer(s) from St Laurent Centre
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Sightseeing tours
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from bike paths, biking
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from Rideau Canal, skating, boating
- 4.80 kilometer(s) from Landsdowne Park, Home of the Ottawa 67's OHL
- 5.00 kilometer(s) from golf, several golf courses within 8 kilometers from hotel
- 16.00 kilometer(s) from Lac Lemay
- 20.00 kilometer(s) from Kanata Wave Pool, Leisure centre and wave pool
- 20. kilometer(s) from Scotia Bank Place, Home of the NHL Ottawa Senators
- 49 kilometer(s) from Calypso Water Park, Waterslides and wave pool
- Choose from a wide selection of restaurants near this Ottawa, Ontario hotel.
- Cafe 1274, on premises, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. providing complete service for banquets and weddings up to 124 guests. Restaurant and Lounge.
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Shogun Japanese Steak House, Bar/Lounge, Japanese, Open for: dinner,
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from New Dubrovnik, Bar/Lounge, International, Open for: lunch, dinner, Croatian
Best Western Plus Ottawa City Centre
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Ottawa. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alabama | Alaska | Arizona | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | Delaware | Florida | Georgia | Hawaii | Idaho | Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Kansas | Kentucky | Louisiana | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Michigan | Minnesota | Mississippi | Missouri | Montana | Nebraska | Nevada | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New Mexico | New York | North Carolina | North Dakota | Ohio | Oklahoma | Oregon | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | South Carolina | South Dakota | Tennessee | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | Washington D.C. | West Virginia | Wisconsin | Wyoming