Best Western Plus Rose City Suites
300 Prince Charles Drive, Welland, ON L3C 7B3
Phone: 905/732-0922 | Fax: 905/732-0644 | 68 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
A cozy suite awaits you at this all suite Welland hotel, only 20 minutes from Niagara Falls, and nestled right up against the Welland Recreational Canal.
Welland hotels are fortunate to be tucked into one of the most beautiful regions in the world. Each room in this Welland hotel is suite-style with a separate bedroom, kitchenette, and living room, which makes them perfect for longer stays. We boast a central location to the region of Niagara.
Proximity to Greater Niagara Cycle Trail is one reason guests keep returning. Known as the Port Colborne hotel, we are proud to host adventure-seekers from everywhere.
Other Welland hotels try to keep up with our pace. A fantastic location makes it easy to take advantage of the local resources. Cycling, visiting Welland canal monuments for history buffs, and the Welland recreational canal for rowing, canoeing, and kayaking events are all popular.
At this Welland hotel, we regularly host employees of Welded Tube of Canada, Bosch Rexroth, Vale Canada, and Jungbunzlauer. You deserve a little pampering when you're in town for business. We're located in a quiet area of the city, so you get the best of both worlds. Enjoy a scenic drive to over 60 wineries in the region.
Lake Erie beaches such as Nickle Beach, Morgon's Point, Long Beach, and Crystal Beach are all top family destinations. Popular festivals include the Pelham Art Show, Canal Days, Niagara Food Festival and Marshville Heritage Festival.
Naturists will love the convenient natural hiking/walking sites near this Welland hotel. Those who enjoy art can journey through a self-guided, year around, art tour in Port Colborne, and those looking for a little more adventure can ride horseback at Horseplay Niagara.
Reserve your spacious suite at Best Western Plus Rose City Suites for a fabulous vacation!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary full breakfast, Choice of breads, muffins, bagels, hot and cold cereal, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, yogurt, juice, coffee, tea, hot chocolate. Over 30 items available.
- Exercise facility, Open from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. The modest sized fitness room has a treadmill, stationary bike, and elliptical. There is also a three piece multi-gym, mats, balls, and free weights from 5lbs to 35lbs. A weight scale is also available.
- Complimentary breakfast
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff (English, limited French)
- Free parking, limited, one vehicle per room.
- Universal gym, three piece
- Meeting facilities, Rose Room, up to 75 guests theatre style
- Banquet facilities, Rose Room, up to 50 guests banquet style
- Fax services, 24 hours at reception
- Audio/visual equipment
- Business center Located in the lobby, the business center has two work stations, printer, copier and counter space for preparing papers. Also available is a stapler, pens, and note pad.
- Computer available
- Stationary bike
- Foreign currency exchange, small amounts of US to Canadian only
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Ice/vending machines Ice is only available on second floor. Beverages are available on all floors. Snack vending machines are only available on the first and second floors.
- Weight lifting equipment
- Late check out, based on availability only, please inquire upon check in.
- Cable or satellite television, cable TV in each guest room
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Printer available
- Fax machine
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Mail services, standard postage stamps are available for purchase. Mail is picked up weekdays only.
- Conference facilities, Rose Room, up to 40 guests classroom style
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Interior corridor
- Express check out Receipts are put under the door on day of check out when room is paid for by the guest.
- Cold weather hook-ups Three cold weather outlet hook-ups are available, two outlets on each.
- Valet/Laundry service available at a charge, weekdays only
- Free newspapers available in the lobby
Best Western Plus Rose City Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus rose city suites in Welland.
Best Western Plus Rose City Suites
Conveniently located, the best western plus rose city suites in Welland, Ontario is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 42.980735 / Latitude: -79.257575
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Buffalo/Peace Bridge. Take Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) North 10 kilometers, exit Netherby Road, turn left (West). Drive straight for 20 kilometers. Do not turn at the sign saying Welland. Netherby becomes Townline. Turn right at Regional Road 58, Prince Charles Drive, drive two kilometers, the Best Western Plus Rose City Suites is on the right.
From: Hamilton/Toronto. Take Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) Niagara to Exit 57 Victoria Avenue, stay right. At the stop lights, turn left onto Regional Road 24. Continue on this road for 25 kilometers. Once you see the Riverview Golf Course, you will turn left onto Webber Road. Continue on Webber Road (which will change to Lincoln Street) until you reach Prince Charles Drive and turn right. The Best Western Plus Rose City Suites is on the left hand side. (You may also continue from the QEW to 406 South into Welland. At round-a-bout exit right onto East Main Street, then turn left onto Prince Charles Dr. Hotel would be on the left)
From: Ottawa. Drive northeast on Laurier Avenue West and turn right on Nicholas Street. Take the Highway 417 West ramp toward the airport and merge onto Trans Canada Highway West. Take the Highway 416 Exit and keep left toward Highway 401. Stay on Provincial Route 416 and continue until you reach Provincial Route West. Keep left to go onto Highway 401 Express West. Take Route 427 South Exit toward Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW). Merge onto Route 427 South then merge onto QEW toward Hamilton. Take Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) Niagara to Hwy 406 Welland. Exit onto Hwy 20 Fonthill / Niagara Falls, and turn right. At the second light, turn Left onto Rice Road. This road will turn into Prince Charles Drive. Once you past Lincoln Street, the Best Western Plus Rose City Suites is on the left hand side.
From: Montreal, Quebec. Drive west on Autoroute 20 O crossing into Ontario Autoroute 20 O becomes Highway 401 West. Take the Route 427 South Exit toward Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW). Merge onto Route 427 South then merge onto QEW toward Hamilton. Take Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) Niagara to Hwy 406 Welland. Exit onto Hwy 20 Fonthill / Niagara Falls, and turn right. At the second light, turn Left onto Rice Road. This road will turn into Prince Charles Drive. Once you past Lincoln Street, the Best Western Plus Rose City Suites is on the left hand side.
From: Kitchener. Drive southeast on King Street West to Gaukel Street. King Street West becomes Provincial Route 8 East then take Highway 401 East Exit and merge onto Provincial Route 401 East. Take Brock Road/Circle 46/Highway 6 South Exit toward Guelph/Hamilton. Turn right on Queen Street/Provincial Route 6. Take the Highway 403 East ramp toward Queen Elizabth Way, (QEW)/Toronto. Merge onto Provincial Route 403 East and then merge onto QEW toward Niagara. Take Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) Niagara to Hwy 406 Welland. Exit onto Hwy 20 Fonthill / Niagara Falls, and turn right. At the second light, turn Left onto Rice Road. This road will turn into Prince Charles Drive. Once you past Lincoln Street, the Best Western Plus Rose City Suites is on the left hand side.
Best Western Plus Rose City Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.50 kilometer(s) from Feeder Canal History, Remnants of the Feeder Canal are at the corner of Ontario Rd and Prince Charles Drive South, with plaques describing the history of the development of the Canal through Welland.
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from WIFC, Welland International Flatwater Centre - venue for training and competition of canoe and kayak flatwater sports.
- 1.50 kilometer(s) from Downtown & Civic Center, shopping and dining downtown; historic plaques outdoors about Welland at Civic Center.
- 1.50 kilometer(s) from Welland Historical Museum, Various historical artifacts from Welland's past and seasonal displays. Across the street from the Welland Canal Monument.
- 1.50 kilometer(s) from Concerts on the Canal, free concert series on floating stage. Six shows per season, June - September. Performances are Friday nights with doors open at 7:00 p.m., shows begin at 7:30 p.m. This season show dates are June 26, July 10, July 24, Aug 7, Aug 21, Sept 4.
- 1.50 kilometer(s) from Merritt Island, a shaded and paved path with full trees, next to the Old Welland Canal, with wood carvings to see along the way; picnic, playground and washrooms on-site.
- 5.00 kilometer(s) from Niagara Central Airport, renamed in 2015, the Niagara Central Dorothy Rungeling Airport was the Niagara Central Airport. Land here with your small airplane and tour the area using their courtesy van, or jump from a plane!
- 8.00 kilometer(s) from Merrittville Speedway, watch the race cars turn around the track at this dirt course, and some nights even have the demolition derby!
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Welland Canal Lock 8, see the engineering miracle of functioning canal locks at this park setting, includes pavilion.
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Shopping on West Street, Unique gift shops and restaurants all looking out towards the Welland Canal.
- 15.00 kilometer(s) from Safari Niagara, A zoo with animals and birds, splash pad, paddle boats, catch and release fishing, ropes challenger, amusement rides and more!
- 20.00 kilometer(s) from HorsePlay Niagara, Horseback riding excursions on trails, the beach, sunset, or even a cookout.
- 20.00 kilometer(s) from Welland Canals Centre, Lock 3, a museum next to the Welland Canal to watch the ships pass through the locks from Lake Erie to Lake Ontario. Includes an area to watch a video of the history of the construction of the Canal, as well as a gift shop and snack shop. Next to walking trails, and lots of grass for picnic, bring a blanket.
- 25.00 kilometer(s) from Niagara Falls, See for yourself the power of Niagara Falls and enjoy all the attractions.
- 25.00 kilometer(s) from Jordan® Wine Industry, many boutiques, wineries with restaurants, tastings. Wayne Gretsky winery in this area.
- 35.00 kilometer(s) from Niagara-on-the-Lake, Described as the areas prettiest little town. Shopping, fine dining, Shaw theatre and wineries.
- 80.00 kilometer(s) from Buffalo Football Stadium
- 134 kilometer(s) from Toronto
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from Fitch Street Plaza, Includes Giant Tiger, LW Store, Book Store, Rexall®, and LCBO
- 3.00 kilometer(s) from Downtown District, East Main Street has restaurants, salons, and small specialty stores.
- 5.00 kilometer(s) from Seaway Mall, Over 100 stores including, Winners®, Le Chateau, Sears®, and Target®.
- 20.00 kilometer(s) from Factory Outlet Mall, Brand name stores (Coach, Addidas, etc) with big discounts
- 18 kilometer(s) from Pen Centre
- 25 kilometer(s) from Niagara Outlets, Niagara Outlets - outdoor shopping with brand name stores (opened May 2014)
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.10 kilometer(s) from Niagara Cycle Route, A Multi-use paved trail along the banks of the Welland Canal, total of 150km throughout Niagara, (not all paved, however mostly).
- 4.00 kilometer(s) from Niagara College Gymnasium
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Welland Curling Club
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Skateboard Park, Skate park is less then 1km from the hotel, no fee, must have own equipment.
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Welland Arena, Ice Skating and Junior B hockey are played at these arenas.
- 5.00 kilometer(s) from Canoe Kayak Rentals, Canoe and Kayak rentals, as well as stand up paddle boards, are available from the PenFinancial Community Centre, at 108 Thorold Rd.
- 5.00 kilometer(s) from Youngs Sportsplex, Insurance Brokers sports complex for soccer and tennis, as well as ball hockey courts outside separately owned.
- 9.00 kilometer(s) from Golf Courses, Many courses for every skill level: the closest are Sparrow Lakes, Pelham Hills and Riverview.
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Bowling Lanes, Bowl o Rama and East Side Lanes.
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Baseball sports complex
Best Western Plus Rose City Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Welland. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alabama | Alaska | Arizona | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | Delaware | Florida | Georgia | Hawaii | Idaho | Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Kansas | Kentucky | Louisiana | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Michigan | Minnesota | Mississippi | Missouri | Montana | Nebraska | Nevada | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New Mexico | New York | North Carolina | North Dakota | Ohio | Oklahoma | Oregon | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | South Carolina | South Dakota | Tennessee | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | Washington D.C. | West Virginia | Wisconsin | Wyoming