BEST WESTERN PLUS Victoria Park Suites
377 O'Connor Street, Ottawa, ON K2P 2M2
Phone: 613/567-7275 | Fax: 613/567-1161 | 123 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
When traveling to the capital city, you need to know that the right Ottawa hotel has luxury amenities, top of the line service, and quality to greet you from the moment you arrive.
Spend the day exploring Parliament Hill and Elgin Street. Pack the good camera and your walking shoes because there is no shortage of sights to behold. The Rideau Canal and Canadian Museum of Nature are absolute musts. Just be careful because you can easily lose an entire day admiring the city's magnificent architecture and sights.
This Ottawa hotel is proud to be the only Best Western in downtown. That means that there's only one place to go where your pocketbook will thank you and you'll be treated like the A-lister you are. Enjoy spacious suites where spreading out is a breeze. We're close to office towers and all government departments, so if you have some business to take care of, everything is only a short walk or drive away.
We're happy to announce that our Ottawa hotel is voted in the Top 5 of TripAdvisor when it comes to product and service. Our guests do the talking for us. Nowhere else in the city will you find such a great deal, generous breakfast, and quality that sets the standard. Why look any further?
Spend the afternoon perusing Winterlude and indulge in the best shopping around. Our friendly, helpful staff is always available to help you create the most memorable vacation of a lifetime. A night painting the town red? Sure thing. The best dining in Ottawa? Right this way.
Our Ottawa hotel features the best complimentary breakfast around. Bring your appetite to daily buffets with sizzling hot eggs and waffles, flaky pastries, fresh fruits, a variety of cereal and yogurt, juices and 100% Arabica coffee.
Reserve your next stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS Victoria Park Suites and save some of that rainy day fund for shopping on Elgin Street!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary continental breakfast, coffee, muffins, croissants, bagels, fruit, juice, toast and hard boiled eggs.
- Complimentary breakfast
- Exercise facility, Roof top view, TV, recumbant bikes, treadmills and weights.
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundromat, token and detergent can be purchased at the front desk
- Guest laundry, nominal fee
- Laundry/valet, open 24 hours, nominal fee, tokens need to be purchased at front desk.
- Safe deposit box, at front desk and all rooms have in-room safes
- Ice/vending machines
- Meeting facilities, most with natural light and recently renovated
- Computer available
- Steam room, saunas available in mens/ladies fitness room change rooms
- Printer available
- Conference services
- Fax services, nominal fee
- Photocopy services
- Weight lifting equipment
- Universal gym
- Stationary bike
- Locker room
- Interior corridor
- Multilingual staff, English, French
- Foreign currency exchange, available at front desk for US exchange only
- Laundromat, tokens and detergent can be purchased at the front desk
- Late check out, nominal fee apply
- Shoe shine, kit available for guests at front desk
- Cable or satellite television
- Business center, dedicated printer, PC's, privacy, complimentary wireless
- Computer rental
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Pager rental, nominal fee
- Video conferencing
- Cellular phone rental, nominal fee
- Mail services, post cards and stamps can be purchased through front desk
- Wedding services, on site sales department
- Banquet facilities, all with natural light and recently renovated
- Conference facilities, most with natural light and recently renovated
- Equipment rental, nominal fee
- Conference Services Coordinators to plan events
- Convenience store/Sundry, drinks, chips, chocolate, toiletries available 24hr/day
- Physically challenged facilities, grab bars in tubs, shower seat available, raised toilet seat available
- Paid parking, nominal fee per night plus tax
- Garage parking, nominal fee per night plus tax
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Dry cleaning
- Express check out
- Walking distance to parks, museums and all attractions.
- Outside private Courtyard Garden
- Snack shop on site 24 hr/day
- Male/female saunas available
- High-speed wireless Internet access
- Complimentary Newspaper
BEST WESTERN PLUS Victoria Park Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with these 2 package deals available at the best western plus victoria park suites in Ottawa.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Victoria Park Suites
Conveniently located, the best western plus victoria park suites in Ottawa, Ontario is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 45.413105 / Latitude: -75.691125
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The Airport. Follow the Airport Parkway north into the city. The Airport Parkway becomes Bronson Avenue. Turn right onto Gladstone and follow for four blocks. Turn right onto O'Connor Street. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Victoria Park Suites is on the left corner.
From: Montreal. From Highway 417, exit at 119, Metcalfe Street. Follow Metcalfe around the Museum of Nature (Castle). Turn left on Gladstone and follow for one block. Turn left on O'Connor Street. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Victoria Park Suites is on the left side corner.
From: Toronto. From Highway 401, take Highway 416 North. From Highway 416 North, take Highway 417 East. Exit at 120 Kent Street and follow for four blocks. Turn right onto Gladstone and follow for two blocks. Turn right onto O'Connor Street. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Victoria Park Suites is located immediately on the left corner.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Victoria Park Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
With a seating capacity of 20,500, Canadian Tire Centre is located 14 miles west-southwest of downtown Ottawa, Ontario, in the suburb of Kanata. The arena is the home of the National Hockey League's Ottawa Senators and has hosted the Canadian University Men's Basketball Championship.
Formerly known as The Palladium, Corel Centre and Scotiabank Place, the facility is also home to the Ottawa Sports Hall of Fame as well as several restaurants and businesses. Visitors' favorite food and drink choices include Club Red, Molson Canadian Brew Pub and ByTown Grill.
An annual pet-friendly event, the Iams Wiggle Waggle Walkathon is held each September by the Ottawa Humane Society. Set in the city of Ottawa in central Ontario, the walkathon features two kilometer and and five kilometer walks, as well as contests, pet photos and a barbeque lunch.
Check out the Fido's Finds Yard Sale, the Pet Pavilion Marketplace, and the K9 Fun Zone. Take advantage of the onsite dog wash, and rest up alongside your pet at a Best Western hotel in Ottawa.
While visiting the Canadian Capital region of Ottawa during the summer, be sure to make your way to Parliament Hill. Bring your camera to capture the sights and sounds of Mosaika. This incredible, free thirty-minute light and music show is shown against Parliament Hill building each night from July through September. Bring a lawn chair or a blanket for a comfortable spot on the lawn and get ready to watch and listen to this magnificent Canadian story.
The technology used to create the show, include nine high-definition video projectors projecting animated images onto the entire building, more than two hundred light fixtures and a 5.1 surround sound system. While in Central Ontario, be sure to catch this must-see attraction. Stay in the heart of Ottawa as a guest of Best Western hotels and enjoy your time in the capital region.
A national Historic Site of Canada, the National Arts Centre is located between Elgin Street and the Rideau Canal in Ottawa, Ontario. Designed by Fred Lebensold, the building has four stages: The Theatre, Studio, The Fourth Stage and Southam Hall.
Southern Hall, the largest stage with over 2,300 seats, is the home of the National Arts Centre Orchestra, one of the world's leading orchestras, as well as the Ottawa Symphony Orchestra and Opera Lyra Ottawa. The venue also hosts ballet and other visiting productions, making it a must-see attraction for Ottawa visitors seeking fine arts and culture.
One of Canada's foremost visual art museums, the National Gallery of Canada is located in Ottawa, Ontario, near Parliament Hill. Under the direction of Marc Mayer and curator Paul Lang, the gallery boasts a diverse display of paintings, drawings, sculpture and photographs.
Visitors to the museum will find works by some of the world's most famous artists, including Francis Bacon, Vincent Van Gogh, Pablo Picasso and Andy Warhol. Selected as one of the top 500 buildings produced in Canada by the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada, the gallery is truly a must-see for Ottawa visitors seeking arts and culture.
Set in Riverside South, Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport is located in central Ontario just south of downtown Ottawa. A focus city for Air Canada Express and Air Canada – and the home base for First Air – Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier is the sixth busiest airport in Canada.
Established in 1927, Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier supports major airlines like Air Canada, First Air, Delta, and WestJet. When flying into Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier, be sure to find a nearby Best Western hotel in Ottawa.
South Central Ontario travelers who schedule a visit to the Capital City of Ottawa, have the opportunity to see a wonderful variety of museums, attractions and historical sites. One must-see historical site is Parliament Hill, located in downtown Ottawa along the Ottawa River. This area of Crown Land was originally home to a military base named Barrack Hill, during the 18th and 19th centuries.
By 1859, construction began on the Gothic Revival style parliament buildings, with Prince Albert Edward, Prince of Wales laying the cornerstone for the Centre Block, in September 1860. After construction halted for a few years, the Parliament was finally completed in 1876. After the Centre Block was destroyed by a fire, in 1916, Governor General Prince Arthur, Duke of Connaught re-laid the cornerstone to start its rebuilding. It took eleven years to complete the construction of the new tower. Numerous significant events have occurred at The Hill, including the 1939 visit by King George VI, the reigning Canadian sovereign, accompanied by Queen Elizabeth.
Tour this 952,391 square feet of land to see the quadrangle of buildings, all National Historic Sites of Canada, the numerous statues, the memorials and the Summer Gazebo of Carpenter Gothic style. The statue of Queen Victoria, the country's first monarch, was dedicated in 1901 by her grandson Prince George, Duke of Cornwall and York. Monuments include the Victoria Tower Bell and the Centennial Flame. During the summer, visit The Hill for Mosaika, the spectacular thirty-minute free light and music show. While in the area, be sure to include a visit to the Rideau Canal, located to the east of The Hill. Enjoy your time in Central Ontario as a guest of Best Western hotels, where comfortable accommodations await.
The Rideau Canal was built on the Ottawa River bordering Ontario and Quebec, in 1832. This Ottawa UNESCO World Heritage Site, is the "oldest continuously operated canal system in North America". It was recognized for its use of European slackwater technology. The 126 mile-long Canal includes portions of the Cataraqui and Rideau Rivers, as well as the Upper, Lower and Big Rideau lakes. A majority of the forty-five locks along the canal are hand operated. The Canal was initially built in preparation of a war with the United States, after a report indicated the US's intent to invade Upper Canada via the St. Lawrence River.
It became a popular commercial artery between Kingston and Montreal. Today, many Central Ontario residents and visitors enjoy the scenic boat tours of the canal aboard the Kawarth Voyageur, from Ottawa, Merrickville, Chaffeys Lock and Kingston. If visiting during the winter months, be sure to strap on a pair of ice skates to skate along 4.8 miles of the Canal, the "world's largest skating rink". While in Ottawa, check into one of the Best Western hotels to enjoy comfortable lodging and excellent guest services.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.05 kilometer(s) from Ottawa Convention Centre
- 0.05 kilometer(s) from Civic Centre and Exhibiti
- 0.10 kilometer(s) from Museum of Nature
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from National Arts Centre
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Parliament Buildings
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Parliament Hill in Ottawa
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from National Art Gallery, War Museum, Byward Market
- 1.50 kilometer(s) from Museum of Civilization, Experimental farm and arboretum
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from Rideau Canal
- 3.00 kilometer(s) from Rideau Centre
- 4.00 kilometer(s) from Royal Canadian Mint
- 5.00 kilometer(s) from National Aviation Museum
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Casino du Lac Leamy
- 25.00 kilometer(s) from Scotiabank Place, Ottawa Sentators home games
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from FHS Canada
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from Deloitte and Touche
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from Ernst & Young
- 5.00 kilometer(s) from Corel
- 5.00 kilometer(s) from Nortel
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Mitel
- 15.00 kilometer(s) from JDS Uniphase
- 18.00 kilometer(s) from Alcatel
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from St. Paul's Seminary
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from Ottawa University
- 3.00 kilometer(s) from Heritage College
- 4.00 kilometer(s) from Carleton University
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Algonquin College
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from Lansdowne Park
- 35.00 kilometer(s) from Mont Cascade, with waterslide, ski and golf---
- Choose from a wide selection of restaurants near this Ottawa, Ontario hotel.
- .24 kilometer(s) from Whalesbone Oyster House, full service, seafood, open for: lunch, dinner, opens every day at 5:00pm Monday-Friday for Lunch: 11:30am-2:00pm
- .35 kilometer(s) from James Street Pub, pub, International, open for: lunch, dinner, Sunday-Friday: 11:00am-2:00am Saturday: 10:00am-2:00am
- .45 kilometer(s) from Mama Teresa Risorante, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, Sunday: 5:00pm-10:00pm Monday-Friday: 11:30am-10:30pm Saturday: 5:00pm-11:30pm
- .45 kilometer(s) from St-Louis Bar & Grill, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, every day from 11:00am-2:00am
- .45 kilometer(s) from Elgin Street Diner, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, open every day 24h a day. Serving all day breakfast.
- .45 kilometer(s) from Manx Pub, pub, vegetarian, open for: lunch, dinner, Sunday: 10:00am-1:00am Monday-Wednesday: 11:30am-1:00am Thursday-Friday: 11:30am-2:00am Saturday: 10:00am-2:00am
- .5 kilometer(s) from Lieutenant's Pump, pub, continental, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Saturday-Sunday: 8:30am-2:00am Monday-Friday: 11:30am-2:00am
- .5 kilometer(s) from Standard Luxury Tavern, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Saturday-Sunday: 10:00am-2:00am Monday-Thursday: 4:00pm-2:00am Friday: 11:30am-2:00am Kitchen is open every day until midnight
- .55 kilometer(s) from Lemon Grass, full service, Thai, open for: lunch, dinner, Sunday: 4:30pm-11:00pm Monday-Wednesday: 11:00am-10:00pm Thursday-Saturday: 11:00am-11:00pm
- .55 kilometer(s) from Al's Steakhouse, full service, steak house, open for: lunch, dinner, every day: 11:00am-Until close* *Until close meaning they close when it’s no longer busy
- .65 kilometer(s) from Clocktower Brewhouse, pub, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Monday-Friday: 11:30am-12:00am Saturday: 10:00am-12:00am Sunday: 10:00am-11:45pm
- .7 kilometer(s) from The Works, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, gourmet burger bistro Sunday-Wednesday: 11:00am-10:00pm Thursday-Saturday: 11:00am-12:00am
- 1 kilometer(s) from Johnny Farina Restaurant, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, Sunday: 4:00pm-10:00pm Monday-Wednesday: 11:30am-10:30pm Thursday: 11:30am-10:30pm Friday-Saturday: 11:30am-11:00pm Deli hours: Monday-Friday: 11:00am-3:00pm
- 1.4 kilometer(s) from ZenKitchen, full service, vegetarian, open for: lunch, dinner, Sunday: 10:00am-2:00pm/5:00pm-9:00pm Monday-Wednesday: 5:00pm-9:00pm Thursday: 11:30am-2:00pm/5:00pm-9:00pm Friday: 11:30am-2:00pm/5:00pm-10:00pm Saturday: 10:00am-2:00pm/5:00pm-10:00pm
- 2.3 kilometer(s) from The Fish Market, full service, seafood, open for: lunch, dinner, Sunday-Thursday: 11:30am-10:00pm Friday-Saturday: 11:30am-11:00pm
- 2.3 kilometer(s) from Tucker's Marketplace, buffet, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.3 kilometer(s) from Heart & Crown, pub, international, open for: lunch, dinner, Monday-Friday: 11:00am-2:00am Saturday, Sunday & Holidays: 9:00am-2:00am
BEST WESTERN PLUS Victoria Park Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Ottawa. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Canadian Tulip Festival
For two and a half weeks, the largest tulip festival in the world fills the National Capital area in downtown Ottawa. Event times vary throughout the celebration.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean