Best Western Plus Waterfront Hotel
277 Riverside Drive W, Windsor, ON N9A 5K4
Phone: +1 519-973-5555 | Fax: 519/973-1600 | 305 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
At the edge of the beautiful riverfront in downtown Windsor, Ontario Canada, the Best Western Plus Waterfront Hotel puts you within steps of the neighborhood’s diverse cuisine, vibrant nightlife and scenic, waterfront parks. Perched along the banks of the Detroit River, the hotel offers views of the water and the downtown Detroit skyline from every room. A large, saltwater indoor pool, pet-friendly accommodations with mini-refrigerators, fitness center and business services create a welcoming retreat for executives and urban explorers alike. Custom touches from Bath & Body Works® amenities and Pod coffee and tea makers, to hypoallergenic feather pillows, iPod® docking stations and spacious junior suites, complement the property’s central, city setting.
Stay within steps of the Adventure Bay Family Aquatic Centre and St. Clair College Centre for the Arts, as well as within walking distance of the Windsor International Transit Centre, surrounding art galleries and the Windsor Caesar’s Casino. Wake up to a freshly-prepared, hot breakfast daily, check in on social media with complimentary high-speed internet from the comfort of your room, or explore nearby restaurants, from top-rated steakhouses to local delis and urban grills. The hotel’s expansive meeting and event space creates beautiful backdrops for celebrations and functions of all types. With an attentive staff and professional audiovisual support, each space, from the lavish Waterfront and Great Lakes Ballrooms, to the intimate Windsor Star Room lets you craft events that cater to your unique vision. Find your urban refuge at the heart of the city’s lively riverfront district, and discover everything Windsor has to offer on your next visit.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast
- Indoor pool Heated
- Exercise facility Open from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Weight lifting equipment
- Interior corridors
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning, same day available
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless internet access
- Business center, 24-hours free
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Mail services
- Meeting facilities, Trillium Room/Maple Room/Windsor Star Room
- Banquet facilities, Great Lakes Ballroom/Waterfront Ballroom
- Conference facilities, Trillium Room/Maple Room/Windsor Star Room
- Equipment rental
- Ballroom, Great Lakes Ballroom/Waterfront Ballroom
- Ice/vending machines
- Gift shop or newsstand
- Off-site covered parking garage across the street, $15.00 fee CAD per day. Managed by a third party.
Best Western Plus Waterfront Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus waterfront hotel in Windsor.
Best Western Plus Waterfront Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western plus waterfront hotel in Windsor, Ontario is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 42.319075 / Latitude: -83.043025
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Windsor International Air Exit right onto County Road 42 (Division Road), right onto Walker Road, left on E.C Row Expressway West, Exit Dougall Avenue North, left onto Dougall Avenue, Dougall Avenue becomes Ouellette Avenue, left on Riverside Drive West, the Best Western Plus Waterfront Hotel located on left hand side.
From: Detroit Metro Airport. Take Interstate 94 East, follow signs to Canada (Windsor/Detroit Tunnel), go through Detroit Tunnel (toll), left on Park Street, right on Ouellette Avenue and left on Riverside Drive. The Best Western Plus Waterfront Hotel is just ahead. Passport Identification is required to cross border.
From: Detroit City Centre. Take the Detroit/Windsor Tunnel south, exit left onto Park Street West, right on Ouellette Avenue and left on Riverside Drive West, the Best Western Plus Waterfront Hotel is just ahead. Passport Identification is required to cross border.
From: Toronto Area. Take Highway 401 Southwest, exit at 3N North (Detroit Tunnel) to Downtown Windsor, turn left onto Riverside Drive West, the Best Western Plus Waterfront Hotel is located on left hand side.
Best Western Plus Waterfront Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.01 kilometer(s) from Dieppe Gardens, Located across the street from the hotel.
- 1 block(s) from Adventure Bay Water Park, the right place for water park and dry play place rates, admission rules, height/weight requirements, proper swim attire guidelines, safety information, and more. Check out the list on the left for everything you need to know about your visit to Adventure Bay. Note: Access to Cannon Cove dry play place is not included in your water park fee. You must pay an additional cost to enter this attraction.
- 1 block(s) from Windsor Int'l Aquatic Ctr, the City of Windsor built a Family Aquatic Complex with a 71.5 m competitive pool tank with two movable bulkheads, a movable floor and a 10m dive tower; seating for over 900 spectators and 600 competitors. The second component is a 45,000 sq. ft. themed leisure water fun park with adventure river, double flow rider, wave pool, tot and kids areas, activity pool and a dozen slides. Support spaces include meeting rooms, program rooms, 6,000 sf of fitness space and a large dry-play structure as well as administration, food services, sports club offices, media room and a large central atrium as a community focal point, slated to house the Windsor-Essex Sports Hall of Fame in the future.
- 1 block(s) from Art Gallery of Windsor, is a not-for-profit art institute in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Established in 1943, the gallery has a mandate as a public art space to show significant works of art by local, regional, and national artists. The Art Gallery of Windsor has created, collected, presented, and conserved one of Ontario’s most significant collections of Canadian art, and is one of Windsor’s most notable cultural reserves.
- 1 block(s) from Chrysler Canada Headquart, the Norwich block of historic Windsor buildings was demolished for what was supposed to be a tall office and condominium tower. In the end it is just a small office tower that houses the HQ of Chrysler Canada.
- 3 block(s) from Windsor Casino, With spectacular gaming options, experience the thrill of gaming excitement with the latest in slot action and a wide variety of table games. Feel the exhilaration with a roll of the dice, a spin of the reels and the anticipation of the next hand. Enjoy top name shows and a wide variety of bars and restaurants.
- 10 block(s) from Coventry Gardens, Coventry Gardens is a park in Windsor, Ontario, Canada on Riverside Drive, in the Pillette Village. It contains the Charles Brooks Peace Fountain on the Detroit River which is mainly used in summer.
- 5 kilometer(s) from Ford Field, is a multi-purpose indoor stadium located in Downtown Detroit, Michigan, United States, owned by the Detroit/Wayne County Stadium Authority. It is primarily used for American football as the home field of the Detroit Lions of the National Football League as well as the annual Quick Lane Bowl college football bowl game. The regular seating capacity is approximately 65,000, though it is expandable up to 70,000 for football and 80,000 for basketball. The naming rights were purchased by the Ford Motor Company at $40 million over 20 years; the Ford family holds a controlling interest in the company, and a member of the Ford family has controlled the Lions franchise since 1963.
- 11 kilometer(s) from FINA World Swimming Champ, FINA World Swimming Championships 2016. 11 kilometres / 7 miles from the hotel. A 16 minute drive from the hotel.
- 11 kilometer(s) from WFCU Centre, 11 kilometres / 7 miles from the hotel. A 16 minute drive from the hotel. A temporary 25-metre long x 26-metre wide x 2-metre deep competition pool will be constructed on top of the WFCU Centre's main arena floor. Additionally, a new 25-metre pool currently under construction at the WFCU Centre will serve as the warm up/warm down pool for the event and provide a lasting legacy of the Championships for the communities of Windsor.
- 16 kilometer(s) from University of Windsor, is a public comprehensive and research university in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. It is Canada's southernmost university. It has a student population of approximately 15,000 full-time and part-time undergraduate students and over 1000 graduate students. The University of Windsor has graduated more than 100,000 alumni since its founding.
- 32 kilometer(s) from Comerica Park, is an open-air ballpark located in Downtown Detroit. It serves as the home of the Detroit Tigers of Major League Baseball, replacing historic Tiger Stadium in 2000. The park is named after Comerica Bank, which was founded in Detroit and was based there when the park opened. Comerica's headquarters have since been moved to Dallas, though the bank still retains a large presence in Detroit. The stadium's seating capacity is 41,574. There is a Detroit People Mover station about a block from the stadium. Comerica Park sits on the original site of the Detroit College of Law.
- 32 kilometer(s) from Detroit Institute of Arts, located in Midtown Detroit, Michigan, has one of the largest, most significant art collections in the United States. With over 100 galleries, it covers 658,000 square feet with a major renovation and expansion project completed in 2007 that added 58,000 square feet. The DIA collection is regarded as among the top six museums in the United States with an encyclopedic collection which spans the globe from ancient Egyptian and European works to contemporary art. Its art collection is valued in billions of dollars, up to $8.1 billion according to a 2014 appraisal. The DIA campus is located in Midtown Detroit's Cultural Center Historic District, about two miles north of the downtown area, across from the Detroit Public Library near Wayne State University.
- 32 kilometer(s) from Henry Ford Museum, is a large indoor and outdoor history museum complex and a National Historic Landmark in the Metro Detroit suburb of Dearborn, Michigan, USA. Named for its founder, the noted automobile industrialist Henry Ford, and based on his desire to preserve items of historical significance and portray the Industrial Revolution, the property houses a vast array of famous homes, machinery, exhibits, and Americana. The collection contains many rare exhibits including John F. Kennedy's presidential limousine, Abraham Lincoln's chair from Ford's Theatre, Thomas Edison's laboratory, the Wright Brothers' bicycle shop, and the Rosa Parks bus.
- 32 kilometer(s) from Windsor International Air, is your one-stop connection to any place you want to go. For hassle-free travel, there’s nothing more convenient than Windsor International Airport (YQG).
- 64 kilometer(s) from Colasanti's Tropical Gard, started in 1941, producing vegetables and greenhouse crops. Their retail business consisted of a small fruit stand. In 1955 Colasanti’s started to expand. Their greenhouses began to grow and Colasanti’s started to produce new crops: lemon and orange trees. In 1972 Colasanti’s started to specialize in cactus and tropical plants. Today Colasanti’s is situated on 35 acres, 3.5 acres which is indoors, in Ruthven Ontario Canada. This tropical wonderland is surrounded by the towns of Kingsville and Leamington. There are 15 temperature controlled greenhouses to provide year-round comfort, please keep in mind that temperature controlled greenhouses does not mean air-conditioned.
- 72 kilometer(s) from Pelee Island, in Ontario, Canada, is an island in the western half of Lake Erie. Pelee Island is connected to the Canadian and United States mainland by ferry service. At 42 km², Pelee Island is the largest island in Lake Erie and the southernmost populated point in Canada. An Ontario Historical Plaque was erected by the province to commemorate the development of Pelee Island's role in Ontario's heritage. Nearby Middle Island is the southernmost point of land in Canada.
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 1 block(s) from Adventure Bay Family Water Park
- 1 block(s) from Windsor International Aquatic and Training Centre (WIATC)
- 5 kilometer(s) from Commerica Park
- 5 kilometer(s) from Ford Field
- 16 kilometer(s) from WFCU
- 72 kilometer(s) from Colasanti's Tropical Gard
- 0.10 kilometer(s) from The Keg® Steakhouse + Bar, Bar/Lounge, Steak House, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 block(s) from Elias Delicatessen, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch,
- 3 block(s) from Panache Ultra Lounge Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: dinner, Restaurant offers fantastic atmosphere mixed with downtown Windsor, Ontario night life. Serve tasty traditional dishes as well as a wide gourmet menu.
- 3 block(s) from Shawarma Palace, Bar/Lounge, International, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 4 block(s) from The City Grill Windsor, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, The City Grill is the gem of downtown Windsor. A big city feel that delights with chic decor and attention to detail. A sparkling bar, refined couches and white table cloths at night. Big windows look out to the future while large photos remind us Windsor's past.
- 4 block(s) from 25 ethnic restaurants, Full Service, Continental, Open for: lunch, dinner, For additional choices, ask our Front Desk Team for a full list of area restaurants - over 25 ethnic restaurants within 10 minutes walk!
- 6.43 kilometer(s) from Johnny Rockets®, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
Best Western Plus Waterfront Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the in or near Windsor. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alabama | Alaska | Arizona | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | Delaware | Florida | Georgia | Hawaii | Idaho | Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Kansas | Kentucky | Louisiana | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Michigan | Minnesota | Mississippi | Missouri | Montana | Nebraska | Nevada | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New Mexico | New York | North Carolina | North Dakota | Ohio | Oklahoma | Oregon | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | South Carolina | South Dakota | Tennessee | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | Washington D.C. | West Virginia | Wisconsin | Wyoming